Disclosure: I received the following book for free in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own
My thoughts:
I was thrilled when I was picked for this book tour because the plot for this story line sounded so good. I actually received my copy late and was a little worried about finishing it on time, but that turned out to be no problem at all. I finished this book in just a little over a day and that is because without a doubt it is fantastic!
The whole premise and adventure was spectacular and kept me on the edge of my seat. What I didn't expect was the deep character profiles and the relationships that were tested. I was especially drawn to the relationships between daughter and mother and daughter and father. I could really relate to Danny and her childhood. I thought the author did an amazing job keeping these relationships challenging yet realistic.
All of the characters were exceptional in all their weakness and flaws, and this extreme situation really showed who they were. Some people rise above and really dig in, and this was really inspiring. Showing Danny with real fears due to some extraordinary circumstances felt very real to me. To see her work thought things in her mind really had me thinking about what I would do.
The plus was all the wildlife and survivalist fun. Even though the book has a disclosure about this book not be a how to survive, I still found it full of great information. The descriptions of the environment and creatures was absolutely dazzling and I felt like I was right there.
Most of all I think this is a story about growing up and giving up your perceived notions of yourself and others. It also really talks about human kind and how to have the best attitudes towards each other, kindness is definitely a theme here and I think that it fits perfectly. All in all a beautiful story that will stay with me a while.
I was thrilled when I was picked for this book tour because the plot for this story line sounded so good. I actually received my copy late and was a little worried about finishing it on time, but that turned out to be no problem at all. I finished this book in just a little over a day and that is because without a doubt it is fantastic!
The whole premise and adventure was spectacular and kept me on the edge of my seat. What I didn't expect was the deep character profiles and the relationships that were tested. I was especially drawn to the relationships between daughter and mother and daughter and father. I could really relate to Danny and her childhood. I thought the author did an amazing job keeping these relationships challenging yet realistic.
All of the characters were exceptional in all their weakness and flaws, and this extreme situation really showed who they were. Some people rise above and really dig in, and this was really inspiring. Showing Danny with real fears due to some extraordinary circumstances felt very real to me. To see her work thought things in her mind really had me thinking about what I would do.
The plus was all the wildlife and survivalist fun. Even though the book has a disclosure about this book not be a how to survive, I still found it full of great information. The descriptions of the environment and creatures was absolutely dazzling and I felt like I was right there.
Most of all I think this is a story about growing up and giving up your perceived notions of yourself and others. It also really talks about human kind and how to have the best attitudes towards each other, kindness is definitely a theme here and I think that it fits perfectly. All in all a beautiful story that will stay with me a while.
From the author:
I'm a published author with children's, teen and adult titles including: The Golden Globe, Lyric's World and Promises (Junior Jedi Knights Trilogy) for LucasFilm (Berkeley Press), Feel No Fear, The Power, Passion and Politics of a Life in Gymnastics (Hyperion), Monica: From Fear to Victory (HarperCollins), A Journey: The Autobiography of Apolo Anton Ohno (Simon & Schuster), Nadia Comaneci: Letters to a Young Gymnast (Basic Books), and Winning Every Day with Shannon Miller (Bantam Books). I've written for a circus, a graduate school, tried my hand at waitressing (I was terrible!), baking carrot cakes (I was messy but good!), and been lucky enough to ultimately do what I love - write.
I live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband and our mostly wonderful (but sometimes vorpal) Vizsla. When I'm not conjuring a story, I love to kite-board, bike, ski or plan adventures with my two guys, who both make me laugh for different reasons and are the best partners in fun a gal could ever imagine.
If you want to learn more about my latest novel, When Elephants Fly (publication date September 04, HarperCollins/Harlequin Teen), please visit my website: www.nancyrichardsonfischer.com
September 25th
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club - Welcome Post
September 26th
Musings of a (Book) Girl - Guest Post
Lisa Loves Literature - Review
Here's to Happy Endings - Review
alymbobby - Review
September 27th
Wishful Endings - Guest Post
Hopelessly Devoted Bibliophile - Review
Moonlight Rendezvous - Review + Favourite Quotes
Buzz4Mommies - Review
September 28th
The Art of Living - Review
Two points of interest - Review
the bookdragon - Review + Favourite Quotes
Fictitiouswonderland - Review
September 29th
Kelsey Covers books - Review
Savings in Seconds - Review
Library of a Book Witch - Review
A Dream Within A Dream - Promotional Post
September 30th
Love, Stars, and Books - Promotional Post
Story-eyed Reviews - Review
Starlight Reads - Review + Playlist
Cinnamon Summers - Review
October 1st
Phannie the ginger bookworm - Review + Favourite Quotes
To All The Books I've Read Before - Review + Playlist + Dream Cast
Buried Under Books - Review
Novel Nerd Faction - Review
We have a giveaway! Win a copy of the SPEED OF FALLING OBJECTS by Nancy Richardson Fischer (US Only) Giveaway is run by the sponsor, Buzz4Mommies is not responsible for prizes. The giveaway starts September 25, 2019 and ends October 9, 2019. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway




No comments:
Post a Comment